More magical than ever.
The new AirPods combine intelligent design with breakthrough technology and crystal clear sound. Powered by the new Apple H1 headphone chip, AirPods now feature hands-free access to Siri using just your voice. And up to 3 hours of talk time on a single charge.¹
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices²
- Quick access to Siri by saying "Hey Siri"
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
- Charges quickly in the case
- Case can be charged using the Lightning connector
- Rich, high-quality audio and voice
- Seamless switching between devices
- Listen and talk all day with multiple charges from the Charging Case³
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with iOS 12.2 or later
- Apple Watch models with watchOS 5.2 or later
- Mac models with macOS 10.14.4 or later
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd Generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd Generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st Generation), 11-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad (6th Generation), iPad (5th Generation), iPad Air (3rd Generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer), MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer), Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer), iMac (Late 2012 or newer), iMac Pro (2017), Mac Pro (Late 2013, Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards)
- Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 1
- Apple TV 4K, Apple TV (4th Generation)
- iPod touch (6th Generation)
¹Testing conducted by Apple in February 2019 using preproduction AirPods (2nd generation), Charging Case, and Wireless Charging Case units and software paired with iPhone XS Max units and prerelease software. Volume was set to 50%. Testing consisted of full AirPods battery discharge with a cellular phone call until the first AirPod stopped playing call audio. Battery life depends on device settings, environment, usage, and many other factors.
²Requires an iCloud account and macOS 10.14.4, iOS 12.2, or watchOS 5.2.
³Battery life varies by use and configuration.